Do you love cooking and food preservation? Do you have passion to learn and teach others about food waste reduction? The Urban Harvest Black Creek, an urban food initiative with the City of Toronto to reduce waste, is looking for 12 Community Leaders to be trained in facilitating cooking, canning & preservation workshops.
If you are…
- • At least 18 years old and a resident of Jane-Finch community and surrounding area
- • Can commit to attend 4 training workshops
- • Willing to co-lead at least 2 cooking and preservation workshops for the community
Those who successfully completed the training will facilitate engaging, hands-on, and culturally relevant community cooking and preservation workshops across 4 community kitchen sites.
- • Food handler certificate training will be provided
- • Receive up to $500 worth Honorarium
- • Childminding provided
- • Refreshments and TTC tokens will be provided
- • Great opportunity to learn job-relevant skills
Training starts in July 2019. For more information, email: email@example.com or call 416-393-6381 x 100.
Those interested must register by July 12, 2019. The Urban Harvest Program is a joined partnership by Black Creek Community Farm and the City of Toronto and supported by Foodshare.