Get fresh, certified organic, as-local-as-it-gets produce from Black Creek Community Farm! Register for our 2017 Harvest Share today!
We are still accepting registrations and are targeting a June 27th first pick-up. The spring has been unusually cool and wet but the vegetables are growing well.BECOME A HARVEST SHARE MEMBER
How it works:
- Sign up for 20 weeks of fresh produce, paying 1/3 of the seasonal cost upfront (or pay the entire amount if you wish)
- You come to the farm each week on Tuesdays (3pm to 7pm) from mid-June to end of October to pick up your share of seasonal vegetables (if sometimes Tuesdays do not work for you or you will be away for some weeks during the summer, we can work something out, please contact us)
- Pay the remaining 2/3 of the membership in two more installments during the season
One of our goals at BCCF is to make healthy food more accessible to as many people as possible. This year we are offering four price points (all for the same size of share):
- $500 (regular price; $25/week))
- $550 or $600 (with corresponding $50 or $100 donation for low-income member; $27.50 or $30/week)
- $400 (household income below $30,000; $20/week)
If you pay $550 or $600 you are supporting another member to purchase for $400, and allowing us to recover our costs from the program.
Why become a Harvest Share member?
By signing up for a weekly vegetable share, you help support the farm with a stable customer base through the season. This gives us the financial security to purchase seeds and tools, and to pay our farmers. As a Harvest Share member you receive the best prices on our certified organic produce in return for your commitment!
We plan to have certain types of seasonal vegetables available each week but will also create a trade bin where you can swap out some of your allotted food for those items that you like more. Here is what we are growing this year along with their seasonal availability:
A typical share in mid-August might include:
- basil (bunch)
- beans (1/2 lb)
- carrots (bunch)
- cucumber (1)
- eggplant (1)
- ground cherries (1/2 pint)
- hot peppers (2)
- lettuce (1)
- okra (1 pint)
- tomatoes (1 lb)
- zucchini (1)
Please contact us if you have any questions (firstname.lastname@example.org, 416-393-6381).